Here is a little personal information about something that is going on in my life. Recently I have not been feeling that great. Nothing I could really put my finger on. I’m not sick, I just don’t feel up to par.
I went to the doctor and after describing how I felt, the doctor suggested that I have a saliva test done to check my hormone levels. When the results came back I was told I have adrenal fatigue and that I was overburdening my adrenal glands. I was putting them in overdrive and the glands were exhausted.
My initial thoughts were, “Adrenal what? What are you talking about? How could I be harming my adrenal glands? Where are my adrenal glands?” But I remained quiet and listened.
Here are some things I was told to do to heal my adrenal glands and begin to feel better:
- Control stress in my life. Apparently, my body was in a constant state of stress because of how I react to stressful situations. WOW! I was doing this to myself! Suggestions for controlling stress were doing yoga, tai chi, or meditation.
- Read Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. James Wilson.
- Take supplements and vitamins.
- Do something fun every day.
- Eat healthier.
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night. Huh? Staying up until 2:00 a.m. working on my blog wasn’t good for me?
As I look at this list, I figure that creativity has to fit into this equation. Using creativity to have fun, to laugh, to destress seems plausible. What do you think?
As for me, I intend on being nicer to my adrenal glands. I will try to do all the things listed above. I also plan on taking a kind, gentle pathway to exploring how to use creativity to handle stress in my life.
So, on to discovery……
I’ll keep you posted.